Monday, March 10, 2008

Life...O'Life!

I have been pondering on the purpose of life. I have not abandoned the present life in search of it like Buddha and other great saints. I half-heartedly read through the first few chapters of 'Bhagavat Gita' in such an attempt. I could not go past the third chapter as I felt a little scared to accept the facts. When I discussed or rather, attempted such a discussion with my friend, he said: "life is full of humour... angane kandaal pore?? veruthe philosophy paranju life ine bore adippikkathe...". It was a very easy and simple suggestion to follow. Although I accept what he said, there are times when I feel an urge to pursue the challenge of finding the purpose of life. Trying consciously to divert my attention to some place else and carry on with the monotonous day to day life.

1 comment:

mathew said...

mm..very interesting topic..
hope you dont mind my take on this.. agree to your friends suggestion coz..

There are only few things we are sure of..
1)We live in this world.
2)We have a conscience
3)We can be good ..just simply good..and not think about the merits,demerits,gains,losses of our actions.

And there are many thing we dont know

1)You never know how long you live.
2)What is after-life
3)Purpose of life as you say.

My take would be to be realistic and live the present..As long as as we are good to others and good to ourselves, the consequences dont matter at all!!isnt?

Let the unknown remain unknown..probably we are like as darwin say just souless animals..But who cares..if we honestly think that our heart is pure then there is no stopping being happy and no worries about purpose in life!!